Monday, September 1, 2014

AL×RAN by Toko-ya

 So way back when I made the last post for the blog I mentioned having been working on a Macross Frontier book and that I'd sent the script off for another editor to chew on it. Well not long afterward said editor came through and completed the work, yet that was about when I neglected to continue updating the blog. As such this translation has been available since August 2012--over 2 years ago--yet not a single mention. That's not really fair as I put a lot of effort into the project and this is another one of those personal favorites of mine. So even though this isn't technically a Rider Kick Translations release, I'm gonna give it the glory of its own blog post.

This story has been around since at least as long as the series itself and yet despite plenty of MF doujinshi being created since then this remains my personal favorite. As an interesting--if entirely coincidental--tidbit, right around the time this doujin hit the 'net a certain Cosplay JAV company that shall remain unnamed released a Macross Frontier parody of their own.

Why is that relevant? Well... poor Alto-kun finds out that his darling green-haired friend has been doing some unsavory jobs on the side from Michael, who apparently found an AV and was concerned. Now to be fair the JAV in real life features Ranka, Sheryl and Alto himself so of course it's not what the book is referencing, but shut up I don't care I'll say it is if I want! It enhances the experience, okay!? Besides, the Ranka scenes in that JAV were pretty awesome so...duhuhu...

In any event, it's up to our super sleuth Alto to get to the bottom of this! Or the top. Or the top then the bottom. Or basically get all over it. Or...okay, okay. In any event this is my personal favorite Macross Frontier doujinshi so hopefully you all enjoy it as much as I did. Next up--another collaboration project!

CHECK YO' SIX FO' YOU WRECK YO' SIX.


No comments:

Post a Comment