Monday, September 1, 2014

Revived like the Phoenix

So funny thing. For whatever reason I managed to completely forget that there was this blog sitting here waiting for updates...for...well, you saw the date on the last post, right? My apologies to the one super awesome person who commented on that last post a year later, I'll get to checking that TOOHOO stuff in a bit. For now I figure I'll get around to finally updating the blog, as well as anyone who might be reading it.

See, Rider Kick Translations basically went from having two editors to having one to...well, we're having problems. Mostly because I, the translator, have this massive backlog of stuff I want to translate but am held back by my own horrendously bad procrastination as well as the perceived lack of editors to put my brilliance to the page. I've been considering just pulling my bounty for the Nanoha Witches book I was looking for and repurpose that ungodly amount of funds towards editing bounties, kinda like what Red_Piotrus over at E-H does. That way I'd reduce it to just my procrastination which makes it only my own problem, and hopefully will relieve some motivational issues. We'll see. I haven't made a firm decision as I'd still rather have an editor who I can converse with and trust personally, someone who can be a more permanent fixture here at RKT. Kyonpalm, if you're reading this, I'm not saying you're not our editor I'm just saying that that Shimakaze book has been translated and scanned since forever, you know? But it's okay, we can move on from that book as there is plenty more to do. Doujin-Moe already released it anyway.

However, this post isn't about how dead we are because in the time since the last blog post we here at RKT have managed to get a whopping five translations done (nine if you include the ones where I was merely the translator)! I know, we're not exactly one of those big names like LWB or Mysterymeat3 who translate stuff like machines (referring to sheer volume here, not quality guys!), but that's still quite a few posts to make after this one! I'm excited to do a personal run-down of each release, and hopefully there'll be more to come in the near future. I'm working on some projects for another party at present, so while I won't be releasing as RKT--I'm freelancing--I will probably still make a blog post once they're uploaded like I'll be doing for the other freelance-translation books I've worked on since the last update.

Well then, on with the updating! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment